Wednesday, May 19, 2010

i had a dream.

I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest swing.
I had a dream.

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.

I had a dream
That I could fly from the highest tree.
I had a dream.

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.

I had a dream



i totally already posted a blog today about, "nowhere man" but i've been listening to "dream" by priscilla ahn on loop for the past few hours. it started when i was looking on tumblr at tattoo pictures, like normal (ha), and i saw one of a girl in a tree. i didn't save it, but it got the song stuck in my head. then i all of a sudden remembered a moment when i was listening to this song a few months ago. i was walking back from animal behavior and listening to it on my ipod when the words finally hit me. i listened to them and realized how happy i was. i looked around and saw everything, my vision became more sensitive. i realized a lot in those moments about life.

this song is so perfect.

i've always wanted to live in a field. with a little house, with a few trees and lots of flowers, with a swing in one of the tallest trees.

last year, when i was at my loneliest, i took lots of walks. i thought about life, took pictures, and wished things would change. i wanted to be happier, and i wanted to figure out who i was. i wasn't really asking god, because i'm not religious, but i was asking myself, who i am, who i'm supposed to be.

so i want a tattoo to symbolize this. it'll be the next one i get once i have money. i want it to have a tall tree with lots of leaves and swing with a girl flying off of it. the girl will probably be wearing a white dress, to show innocence, because i feel like this song just... exudes innocence. i feel innocent when i listen to it.

i need to decide where i want it though. i was thinking maybe on my foot, or on the back of my thigh... or maybe my back somewhere. and i it to either be like a photograph and have it be very realistic or very simple lines, with little bits of color, just like the tattoo i have now. maybe i'll have it with just the leaves colored in or the girls dress. OH, maybe i can make the girl's dress red, then it will match the tattoo i have now... HMM. so many ideas :)

i'm excited for it though, so excited :)






No comments:

Post a Comment