Friday, June 11, 2010

somewhere over the rainbow.

somewhere over the rainbow
way up high
and the dreams that you dreamed of
once in a lullaby
somewhere over the rainbow
blue birds fly
and the dreams that you dreamed of
dreams really do come true
someday I'll wish upon a star
wake up where the clouds are far behind me
where trouble melts like lemon drops
high above the chimney tops thats where you'll find me oh
somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
and the dream that you dare to,why, oh why can't i?


i learned to play the ukulele today :) well, i guess yesterday. but i've been playing since about 1am yesterday, and pretty much haven't stopped all day. i learned somewhere over the rainbow, and it's pretty much the best song ever. i've been sitting here trying to blog, and couldn't think of anything to write about. i was listening to israel kamakawiwo'ole's version while trying to write. so i decided i'd write about this song.

i think most of us have heard this song our entire life. different versions done by different people and from different movies or shows, but all in all, the song means the same thing. but then again, depending on how you hear it, maybe not. i love finding meaning in songs that i've heard a million times and being able to relate it to my life.

to me, this song is so peaceful. it makes me feel peaceful. the song talks about being over a rainbow, and how everyone there has dreams that you've dreamed of. and there, in this land over the rainbow all of their dreams come true. then he says that he'll wish upon a star, and be in this land, where troubles melt away. the last line asks why he can't dream like them.

i don't know if anything i just said makes any sense. but, pretty much, how i'm interpreting this song, is like, why can't we have big dreams? we totally can, and they can come true. i want to go over a rainbow, where all of my dreams will come true. so pretty much, i'm going for things. this is the only life i have and i have to live it now.




on an unrelated note, i wanted to talk about a post i did last week, the one about who my true friends are. i left someone out, and i'm sorry i did. i realized tonight that we're all friends out of conveniency. it was stupid of me to jump to conclusions so fast. alex is one of my best friends. i can tell him pretty much anything, and i know he's told me a lot too. we all have different groups of friends that we're allowed to hang out with. just because friends don't see each other everyday doesn't mean that they're only friends with me when it's convenient for them. if it was like that, then ALL of my friends would be using me for the conveniency factor. i just wanted to get that off my chest. haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment